Nepal Reliance Organization (NRO) offers a sliding scale fee that ranges from USD 550 to 1,900 depending on the type of program and length of stay. Volunteer program periods are from ten days to five months. There is an additional program fee charge for the medical program. Contact form is below.
The following are all included in the NRO program fee:
1. Application and registration fees
2. Orientation and Nepali language training
3. Meals and accommodations
4. Airport pick up and transportation to and from placement
5. Supervision and 24 hour support
6. Nepal government taxes
7. Scholarships to benefit students from villages
8. Donations to schools, youth clubs and mothers' groups
The following are not included in the NRO program fee:
1. International flight ticket
2. Nepali Visa (see below)
3. Immunizations - voluntary but recommended
4. Travel and health insurance
A Nepali Visa can be obtained upon arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. A valid passport and one passport-size photo with a light background is required. Payment with cash is accepted for most major currencies. Credit card payments are not accepted. Tourist visas are in the following schedule: Multiple entry 15/30/90 days USD 25/40/100. Visa extensions can be obtained at Department of Immigration, Kathmandu. Tourists can stay a maximum of 150 days.
Copyright 2002-2017. Nepal Reliance Organization All Rights Reserved.